In Summer of 2020, ONSE launched the Community Response Team (CRT), which is focused on strengthening placed-based services for communities impacted by violent crime. The CRT is responsible for addressing community-based challenges within the District neighborhoods. The mission of the CRT is to empower communities to uplift themselves in response to neighborhood violence and build a self-sufficient infrastructure where resources and services are accessible and utilized.
The Community Response Team is responsible for:
- Working with communities to identify strengths and needs
- Working with communities to develop strategies to address areas of mutual concern
- Working with communities to identify appropriate services and establish linkages to those services
- Co-facilitating community-led empowerment and healing events
- Bridging gaps between community stakeholders that are barriers to community cohesion
- Helping communities identify ways to advocate for their most vulnerable residents
To request a consultation with the Community Response Team, please fill out this form: CRT Consultation Request Form.